Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Monday 12 March 2018

⌚ 12 inch Dr. Who Figures ⌚

TV Guide


Here's my collection of Dr.Who figures ... mostly baddies as they always seem to be the coolest looking!

I have to clarify a tad here, I am a fan of Dr. Who but my favourite Dr.'s are William Hartnell,  Patrick Troughton. Tom Baker, John Pertwee and at a push Peter Davidson, although I have to say I also loved Christopher Eccleston in that role, he brings a kind of school boy naivity to the role that none of the other Dr.s possessed .

 I found David Tennant's Dr. a bit hit and miss, mainly due to poor supporting actors, silly story lines and ridiculous villains, he's good as the Doctor though, and in other roles I have seen him in, and I love how he doesn't take himself too seriously too, so my issue with the series in which he plays that role, are not really a reflection on him .

It must also be said that I loved the character of  Captain Jack Harkness played by John Barrowman.

As for the new 11th Dr. played by Matt Smith, I've seen a few episodes and all I can say is it's just terrible!

My jewels of my collection... If I could lay my hands on them, would be a shedful of Daleks especially 1970s / 1980s ones, but I'll happily take modern day ones too and man, a life sized Dalek would be awesome, although gawd knows where I'd put it!!

Oo oo I really like those remote control Darleks too, I think I'd like a couple of them too, oh and those little "Wooden dolls that accompany the "Toy soldier things with the big giant heads" I want them as well, and a spinning Tardis, a talking K9 and Grandma Connolly and The Wire ... wow so many more!

Still never mind all that, here's my 12 inch "Dr." toys, in no particular order...


Clockwork Man, 12 inch Figure:

 From Episode 4, series 2 "The Girl in the Fireplace", first broadcast on 6 May 2006 with David Tennant as The 10th Doctor.

Figure Details: Fully poseable action figure with 14 points of articulation and removable head showing details of clockwork inside transparent dome.


Cyber Men, 12 inch figures:

From episode 5, series 2, "Rise of the Cybermen",  first broadcast on 13 May 2006. Starring David Tennant as the Doctor.














The figure on the right is the Cyberman Leader... 



Novice Hame, 12 inch figure:

 From Episode 1 Series 2, "New Earth" broadcast on 15th April 2006, starring David Tennant as The Doctor and also appearing in  Episode 3, Series 3 "Gridlock" first broadcast on 14 April 2007, again with David Tennant as The Doctor.

Figure Details: 14 points of articulation sadly, she didn't come to me with her removable weapon though.

Dalek Sec Hybrid

From Episodes 5 & 6, Series 3. The Dalek Sec appears in a two-part story which introduces The Cult of Sakro, an elite order of Daleks. Sec is their leader.

12" Oods.

The Oods first appeared in series 2, they were used by humans as a slave race and had a hive mind, some however formed a rebellion.



Although both mine are 12 inch dolls, they appear to have a few differences. I've customised them both as I wanted them to look more "lifelike". If you're interested in seeing how they turned out, you can check them out here: https://heresherbie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/dr-who-12-inch-figures-or-ood-makeovers.html

I also have a David Tennant as the 10th Doctor doll, but at present he is in storage and I don't have any photographs of him on my laptop, so I'll have to update this post when I get it sorted.











Follow



No comments: