Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Friday 23 October 2015

✤✥✦ Hujoo Albu & Nano Freya Clothing Ideas for J Louisa ✦✥✤

I promised that I'd give some information on clothes which fit Hujoo Albu and Nano Freya, it's taken a little while but I've finally got on the case, kinda...

The plan was to have a bit of a fashion show with my Albu, Kasa, my Nano rabbi ,Maitake, and Suave, Ae sook Aiko (both being used as stand ins for Nano Freya as I don't have one yet... But by the looks of them they all have a similar body size and type, as do most Hujoos, with the exception of Coojoo & Albu.

But I had battery problems and once I got them sorted I discovered I really don't have many clothes for either doll, this was made harder as I needed to find boy doll clothes for each and apart from Maitake, my little ones are girls!

I discovered that the majority of clothes I had which were a likely size for Albu - turned out not to be and so instead of a fashion show, I've decided to give guidelines of which type of clothes there are available in the right sizes, and some hints of others which may work...

That said, I guess it's time to get on with it, so I'll start with Hujoo Albu:

Hujoo Albu are much wider on the chest than Hujoo Wings, so clothes for Wings won't fit Albu, also with any clothes there is the same cuff problems you'll find with Hujoo Freya, Nano Freya, Albu or Nano Rabbi as their feet and hands are paw like and so wider than their human counterparts.

Bratz boyz t-shirts will fit Albu, but will be a close fit if you get my meaning. many of Mattel Ken's clothes will be too big, shorts work well as the waistband  can be hidden under t shirts so are not noticeable but if you like the style this can be adapted, after-all too big is better than too small in terms of tweakablity!

Clothing for 12 inch Doctor Who and Vintage Action Man are far too big and look silly, but could be adapted if you wanted.

Another type of doll clothes that will fit (please bear in mind I've only tried gathered bloomers for a female doll) are clothes sold for 1/6 yosd size |(Yo Super Dolfie) dolls.

That said I don't know how long the trousers are but looking at the doll sizes on Where Angels Lie (A Volks Super Dolfie Database) I noticed that 1/6 YOSD are 26.5 cm tall (around 10 inches tall), and as Albu is 28cm tall (approx 11 inches) they may not be long enough. 

However if you plan to keep your doll in boots it shouldn't matter... It might also be a good idea to ensure that the trousers you buy for your Albu are elasticated at the waist.

1/6 YOSD 
Here's a link to the YOSD outfit in the picture above: 1/6 YOSD Outfit on Ebay

Another doll whose trousers may fit properly is the Makie doll - I haven't been able to test this theory though as the only trousers I have for my Makies are leggings, leotards and shorts. Makie dolls are much chunkier on the waist and hips than a lot of other 1/6th dolls (with the exception of Lammily) and as they are also about the same height, should work on that score too. Most Makie doll clothes are made from stretchy fabrics (again, I'm only aware of items for female Makies) so they may work quite well with Albu's paws...

Here's a link to the boy's clothing section of The Makie Store, so you can check it out for yourself:  Makies Shop - Boy's Clothes

Clothes for 1/6 dolls such as Dragon Force and Sideshow can work quite well, but again it is a matter of experimenting, which could work out pretty expensive!

One doll who's clothes fit perfectly is Tonner's Little Miss Matched, the jeans and long sleeve shirts look great and the boots fit perfectly too, although most of her clothing is very girly and might be hard to come by since that particular doll has been retired from sale for several years now.


Little Miss Matched Fashion Pack - Amazon.com

And so to shoes...  

Again, I haven't really experimented, I love Kasa's feet so I've never bothered with shoes but I know that apart from Little Miss Matched's footwear, the converse type boots sold for Pullip or Blythe dolls fit well - A word of warning though, I have many pairs of these shoes in different patterns and colours, and have discovered that they are not all the same size, so it is important to remember that Albu's feet are 3. 5cm long x 1. 8cm wide.


Ebay.com
The shoes in the photo' below are sold for "12" blythe, pullip, momoko and similar dolls" and are 2cm( wide) X 3.8cm length), so will fit fine...  Here's a link to them:  Blythe Doll Converse Style Boots

Now for Nano size dolls:

Nano Hujoo dolls such as my Suave and Rabbi can fit into clothes designed for Evi Love dolls ( not so good to know if your interest is in Male doll attire!) Mini Baby Born doll clothes - which come in both male and female varieties, although these can be quite limited and always bear the "Baby Born" logo (but you could always cover this with a mini iron on or some other decoration. 

Mattel's Shelly , Kelly, Chelsea & Tommy dolls clothes also work, but again there can be issues with these items due to Rabbi's hand and foot size, so items such as sleeveless shirts and leggings work well but a jacket or trousers may be a problem around the cuffs.

Bratz girls t shirts are also a good fit, so I'm guessing Moxie doll's also work...


Maitake
In the photo above Maitake is wearing a romper suit designed for Mattel's Tommy dolls and his favourite mask made by Hot Toys, both fit him perfectly.


Ae Sook Aiko & Akimoto


In the photo' above. Ae Sook' is wearing a two piece Baby Born Halloween Costume, which is actually a little large for her, but not too much that it looks silly!

I have yet to find shoes to fit Rabbi but this is mostly because I haven't  tried! 

I love those little Leporine tootsies and don't want to cover them up!

Shoes sold for Hujoo baby will definitely not fit, so don't bother trying them... 

Rabbi's feet are a good 0\5cm longer than Hujoo Baby's. 

Sylvanian families shoes also are no good, Rabbi's feet are too wide and the shoes are too rigid to give enough to even try and get them on.

Of course this is by no means a comprehensive list, as with all dolls it's best to play around until you find something you like, but hopefully it's given you a few ideas..

Anyhoo,
I'm off now.

Take Care,


1 comment:

Ldsai said...

Thanks so much for this. Sorry it's been a while since I've actually been on your page, life and stuff. This is truly very helpful and kind of you to take the time to do this. While away, I actually got another Albu that I did some modding to so I have three dollies right now. If you like I put most of my process and random stuff dealing with my dolls (and cute Eevees and dogs) on my tumblr http://ldsaiinu.tumblr.com/