Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Monday 22 October 2012

Recent Bargains - 05 / 02 / 2009

(Post transferred from Multiply - Dolls More Dolls group - Due to impending closure of Social Networking part of site)


2 x 1970s Charlie's Angels dolls - bought for £1.80 for the pair!



                                               Vintage 1970's Amtoy fashion Doll - cost 99p!


                                             2 x Cybermen Bought for £3.00 for the pair!


                                                   Fairykite Doll bought for 29p!


Mystery Machine with Shaggy & Scooby - bought for 20p! Sadly it is missing one of the front doors, but that doesn't really bother me as I've wanted one of these for ages, ever since visiting my friend Sasha and falling in love wit her one!


Vintage (1960's or 1970's) Soda-Pop Doll - these dolls came inside a bottle, but that's really all I know about them :( still for 99p she was an absolute "Have to have" and looks great in my Triang Doll's House!


I went to my Mum's and asked her if I could have the "Woody" that belonged to my Niece when she was little ... only to find that my parents puppy Dodger, had taken a liking to him and chewed his beak off! Anyhoo, after being totally gutted by this and searching for ages on Ebay, I found another one, I bought him for £1.50.  He's by Pedigree although in some ways he looks very similar to Sekiguchi type toys.



2 comments:

Robin Baker said...

Your soda pop doll was a type of knock-off or clone of the mattel Kiddles of the late 60s. Mattel had Kologne Kiddles which came in their own scented perfume bottles, and the dolls were scented to match (Lily of the Valley, Sweet oea, Apple blossom, Rose,...). These were so popular that they drove a whole slew of different dolls with similar cases... There were soda poop dolls, ice cream cone dolls, and I don't remember how many others. I collected Kiddles as well as Barbies at that time, & still have a few originals in my collection, but finding specific dolls right now is near impossible since we're remodeling the house. I'll give it a try though, if I find a pop doll I'll share the photo

Herbie Hopkins said...

Thanks for the info Robin.
I've seen the Kologne Kiddies and a few of the others, not for a long time now though... Back when I wrote this post there were quite a lot of quirky mini dolls for sale on ebay. I'd love to see a photo of your girls, if you have time to hunt them out, pleasedrop me a link to your picture. Hugs, Herbs x