Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Wednesday 20 January 2010

☮ 70's Decor - Mini Makes!! ☮




(26th July 2009)

Spent a couple of hours making this today!!

It's Called "Flutter By"... I made it to go in the Triang house's Living Room along with another one I'm in the middle of making... so it's gonna be quite a large couple of paintings on one wall to go with that Geometric wallpaper I've got plans to use in the living room!

It's made in exactly the same way I make my own canvases ... only in this case I used matchsticks instead of 2 by 2 for Baton & a cardboard front (instead of plyboard or just stretched canvas) which I covered in Linen and stretched over the "board"..

I copied part of a cover from my 1960's Poetry Book ( " It's World That Makes The Love Go Round" ) for the butterfly image ....

Primed it with Gesso & painted it in Acrylic Paint with a tiny brush...then varnished the front & sides!

The 2nd one will have another image from that book cover (most likely a heart) but the colours will be swapped...

black and red for heart & all other colours used on butterfly for background image!

Should be pretty "Far Out" when done lol

70's Decor - Mini Make - Part 2


Number 2 in the set for the Triang House...

I've started thinking about making some more too!! lol only smaller next time, hopefully I'll find enough time to do so and soon wooot!



No comments: