Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Sunday 2 March 2008

Yesterday's News - 1st March 2008


Yesterday, My son and I went to my Parents home. They were going to pick up their new 'Baby' from Llanelli Dog's Home, so it fell to us to go and 'Auntie-Sit' while they were away.

























Auntie Ollie is 93 this year. She moved in with my Parents about a year back as the rest of my family in England were, well lets just say they really couldn't be bothered to give her any of their time. Sad really as she has such a great sense of humour and an active mind, with hundreds of stories to tell.
She was a musician, played piano, accordion and balalaika. Toured Europe with a Ukrainian folk group and even played the Royal Albert Hall!

Hanging out with Auntie is great fun and as you can probably tell I'm proud to have her in my family.

Anyway, the point of the Auntie-sit was for them to go get their new baby, who as you have probably guessed is a dog!





And here he is... He's names Dodger and is 7 weeks old, a bit too young to be re-homed but after you hear his story, you'll understand why.



























He was the only one left of his litter. I don't know why, but the Mother killed all the others and somehow he managed to dodge his fate and ended up in a dog's home.

My parents' after telling me I have to stop falling for sob stories, fell for his when the plumber they recently hired started telling them about him and then showed them a picture...and that I guess was that, they had to have him!






















Here's a pic' of my Dad growling at my Mum, so Dodger doesn't have too!





















And here's the proof that there's a new man (be it a little hairy one) in my Mum's life!!



No comments: